I WANT TO ATTEND
Tuesday, July 24
Kimberly R&E Center
Check in at 9 a.m. Tour from 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. Lunch at 12:30 pm.
In 2008, the University of Idaho launched its organic cropping system research on 11 acres at the Kimberly Research & Extension Center. Since its inception, University of Idaho researchers have grown certified organic winter wheat, alflafa, potatoes, dry beans, sorghum-Sudangrass, spring and winter barley seed, winter wheat seed, and dry bean seed.
This field day will feature a variety of University of Idaho research projects:
• Cover Crop Calculator – Amber Moore
• Cover Crop and Forage Variety Trials – Christi Falen, Lauren Hunter, Glenn Shewmaker, and Steve Hines
• Biocontrol for White Mold in Dry Beans – Oliver Neher
• Meals as Potential Organic Pesticides in Dry Beans – Don Morishita, Oliver Neher, and Erik Wenninger
• Organic Seed Production of Beans, Winter Wheat, and Spring Barley – Kathy Stewart-Williams
• Colorado Potato Beetle Response to Potato Varieties – Erik Wenninger
• Potato Virus Y Management in Potatoes – Oliver Neher
• Organic Potato Fertility Guide – Amber Moore
• New Potato Varieties, Cultural Management Trials, and Implications in Storage – Nora Olsen
• Composting and Vermicomposting – Mario de Haro Marti